Animal Welfare, also called Institutional Animal Care and Use, covers concerns with laboratory animals. Research at Williams involving animals uses primarily mice, rats and birds. No primate research is permitted. The procedures of the Animal Welfare Committee (q.v.) are based on regulations of the USDA. Students working with animals are trained annually by the chair of the Animal Welfare Committee.
- Request for approval of animal use protocol (PDF)
- Status report/update on animal use (PDF)
- IACUC Animal Abuse Protocol
- Norm Bell, Animal Care Facility Supervisor
Science Center Coordinator
- Martha Marvin, IACUC Chairperson
Lecturer in Neuroscience